Tuesday Totals – 30 July to 05 August 2012
Here is my weekly round-up of my blog activities – accomplished and planned – that I use to try to keep myself on track, focused and with a sense of achievement! There are seven sections of activities; this post details their status for the weeks 30 July to 05 August 2012.
This post is rather long because, as I explained in the last TT, real life rather got the better of me for a bit and I’m playing catch-up!
The books I’m reading as I post.
1. Cameron Nation by David Carraturo (AG)
This is going on the back burner for a few weeks; I have some other books that have run up the list.
2. Luke Wood presents More than a Million Words by Luke Wood and others (FR)
I think a few of these before bed will be a nice treat. I try not to read too many in one go, so I can savour each piece.
3. Desperate Housedogs / Get Fluffy by Abbey Sparkle (NG)
I have read Desperate Housedogs before (it’s one of my early reviews) however, when I received it in a two volume NetGalley ARC with its sequel Get Fluffy, I thought I’d do a quick reread. Enjoying the second time through!!
Finished This week
1. The Great Firewall by Michael C. Boxall (AG)
The book started and ended strongly, but I felt it was a little repetative in the middle.
2. Confusous Cat Says by P. R. Mason
I enjoyed this homage to great quotes!
3. Short Fuses by Stephen Leather
I’ve read one of Mr Leather’s other short Stories about Inspector Zhang, so was pleased to find one here too. All four stories are well crafted. There are lots of “first two” chapters for his novels. I read a few – they look good – but got fed up reading so many starts.
3. White Cougar Christmas by Elixa Gayle
Not particularly impressed. There wasn’t enough world building and I’m not inspired to read the novels in the series from which this short story comes.
Reviews in Manuscript
I like writing with a pen (or pencil) and paper. In addition, it is more convenient to write by hand, since in the time available, I don’t have access to a computer 🙂
Look out for these reviews coming soon:
1. Defying Drakon by Carole Mortimer
2. Hot Girl’s Friend by Lisa Scott
3. The First Rule of Ten by Gay Hendricks & Tinker Lindsey (40% typed)
4. Scarlett’s by A. L. Collins
5. The Serpent Sea by Martha Wells
6. The Wedding Story by Dee Tenorio
7. Little Girls: A Novella by Elton Lord
8. Unforgettable Embrace by Joanne Clancy
9. Dead(ish) by Naomi Kramer
10. A Vampire’s Dominon by V. M. K. Fewings
11. Bone Machine by C. N. James
12. Columbus Avenue Boys by David Carraturo
13. Catestrophically Consequential by Stephen C. Bird
14. The Hero’s Guide to Saving Your Kingdom by Christopher Healy
15. Darker by Degree by Keri Knutson & Susan Branham
16. Sanctuary by Glyn Smith-Wild
17. Seven into the Bleak by Matthew Iden
18. Redhead by Ian Cook
18. Code Name Verity by Elizabeth Wein
1. Salsa Invertebraxa by Mozchops
I’ve had a rethink on choosing my next book. I have been approved for quite a number of NetGalley (NG) book, so I’ve decided it’s time to boost some of these up the list and get posting reviews! The other books from my list generally come under the headings of author gifts (AG), which usually get priority; First Reads (FR) wins; and authors’ time limited free offers (FO). I sprinkle in some bought books and free ebooks too, as I fancy.
My immediate reading list is:
1. Poltergeeks by Sean cummings (NG)
2. The Assassin’s Curse by Cassandra Rose Clarke (NG)
3. Timepiece by Myra McEntire (NG)
4. Wolf Dawn by Susan Cartwright (AG)
5. For That Day by Low Kay Hwa (AG)
6. One Moment by Kristina McBride (NG)
7. Monkey with a Pin by Pete Comley (FO)
8. Hound Dog Blues by Virginia Brown (NG)
9. The River Witch by Kimberly Brock (NG)
10. The Top Ten Leadership Commandments by Hans Finzel (NG)
11. Rise by Yosef Gotlieb (NG)
Blog updates completed
1. Tuesday Totals – I’m on Number 6!
2. Bookish Funny Friday – 13th posted, 14th scheduled
Blog Updates Planned
1. Review Policy – mostly written, partly typed
2. Reviews: My thoughts and philosophy – written, partly typed
3. Tuesday Totals – explanation page to be written, a logo would be nice, but not sure what (and how)
4. Rose’s Ramblings – explanation page to be written, logo to be created; two posts written, need to be typed (was Monthly Musings, but I decided that keeping it random was better!)
5. Blog Improvements – section needed with to do list
6. Visitor Counters – need to add them!
I’m gradually making progress with blog updates and reviews. I’m hoping to join Bloggiesta this year and get some of my updates done then. Having this list to come back to is useful as it keeps me on track and stops me heading off in random directions! 🙂
What do you have planned for your blog? How do you decide which book to read next???