Tuesday Totals – 13 to 19 August 2012
Here is my weekly round-up of my blog activities – accomplished and planned – that I use to try to keep myself on track, focused and with a sense of achievement! There are seven sections of activities; this post details their status for the weeks 13 to 19 August 2012.
The books I’m reading as I post.
1. Cameron Nation by David Carraturo (AG)
This is going on the back burner for a few weeks; I have some other books that have run up the list.
2. Luke Wood presents More than a Million Words by Luke Wood and others (FR)
I think a few of these before bed will be a nice treat. I try not to read too many in one go, so I can savour each piece.
3. The Consul at Sunset by Gerald Hanley
We’ve now met a different character – at odds with the Establishment types, but bound to play by the rules.
4. The River Witch by Kimberly Brock (NG)
Totally absorbing – I couldn’t believe I’d read nearly half of it in one sitting – over dinner!
Finished This week
1. Wolf Dawn by Susan Cartwright (AG)
The story is totally absorbing. The writing style is a little ponderous, but the universe building is good. I enjoyed the ethical dilemas that afflict the characters..
2. Timepiece by Myra McEntire (NG)
I enjoyed this. Although having read Book 1 in the series might have helped, it works as a standalone book.
Reviews in Manuscript
I like writing with a pen (or pencil) and paper. In addition, it is more convenient to write by hand, since in the time available, I don’t have access to a computer 🙂
Look out for these reviews coming soon:
1. Defying Drakon by Carole Mortimer
2. Hot Girl’s Friend by Lisa Scott
3. Scarlett’s by A. L. Collins
4. The Serpent Sea by Martha Wells
5. The Wedding Story by Dee Tenorio
6. Little Girls: A Novella by Elton Lord
7. Unforgettable Embrace by Joanne Clancy
8. Dead(ish) by Naomi Kramer
9. A Vampire’s Dominon by V. M. K. Fewings
10. Bone Machine by C. N. James
11. Columbus Avenue Boys by David Carraturo
12. Catestrophically Consequential by Stephen C. Bird
13. The Hero’s Guide to Saving Your Kingdom by Christopher Healy
14. Darker by Degree by Keri Knutson & Susan Branham
15. Sanctuary by Glyn Smith-Wild
16. Seven into the Bleak by Matthew Iden
17. Redhead by Ian Cook
18. Code Name Verity by Elizabeth Wein
19. Wolf Dawn by Susan Cartwright
The Assassin’s Curse by Cassandra Rose Clarke
I’ve had a rethink on choosing my next book. I have been approved for quite a number of NetGalley (NG) book, so I’ve decided it’s time to boost some of these up the list and get posting reviews! The other books from my list generally come under the headings of author gifts (AG), which usually get priority; First Reads (FR) wins; and authors’ time limited free offers (FO). I sprinkle in some bought books and free ebooks too, as I fancy.
My immediate reading list is:
1. For That Day by Low Kay Hwa (AG)
3. One Moment by Kristina McBride (NG)
4. Monkey with a Pin by Pete Comley (FO)
5. Hound Dog Blues by Virginia Brown (NG)
6. The Top Ten Leadership Commandments by Hans Finzel (NG)
8. Rise by Yosef Gotlieb (NG)
Blog updates completed
1. Tuesday Totals – I’m on Number 8
2. Bookish Funny Friday – 15th posted
3. Waiting on Wednesday – 2nd posted
4. Released Next Month – 2nd posted
Blog Updates Planned
1. Review Policy – mostly written, partly typed
2. Reviews: My thoughts and philosophy – written, partly typed
3. Tuesday Totals – explanation page to be written, a logo would be nice, but not sure what (and how)
4. Rose’s Ramblings – explanation page to be written, logo to be created; two posts written, need to be typed (was Monthly Musings, but I decided that keeping it random was better!)
5. Blog Improvements – section needed with to do list
6. Visitor Counters – need to add them!
I’m gradually making progress with blog updates and reviews. I’m hoping to join Bloggiesta this year and get some of my updates done then. Having this list to come back to is useful as it keeps me on track and stops me heading off in random directions! 🙂
What do you have planned for your blog? How do you decide which book to read next???