Have you read a book by an author that you really enjoyed and felt moved to read another of the author’s works? Or are you thinking to give an author another try even if you didn’t like your first taste of their work? If yes, then this challenge is for you! You’re going to go back for seconds of an author that you’ve only read once. The great thing about this challenge is that it’s not just for your second in a series books, but the second time you’ve read an author as well.
Interested in joining the fun? Here are the guidelines:
2. There are four levels to choose from in this challenge:
- Just a spoonful – Read 3 books that are 2nd in a series or the second time you’ve read the author.
- A few more bites – Read 6 books that are 2nd in a series or the second time you’ve read the author.
- A full plate – Read 12 books that are 2nd in a series or the second time you’ve read the author.
- All you can eat – Read 20 books (or more) that are 2nd in a series or the second time you’ve read the author.
You can list your books in advance or just put them in a wrap up post. If you list them, feel free to change them as the mood takes you. Any genre counts. Any book format counts.
3. The challenge runs from January 1 through December 31, 2012.
4. You can join anytime between now and December 31, 2012.
5. A post will be created here where you can link-up your reviews and visit the reviews of other participants.
6. If you’re a blogger, write up a sign-up post that includes the URL to this post so that others can join in. Feel free to use the button! You can grab the code you need from the box in the right sidebar.
If you write up a sign-up post, enter the direct link to that post when you sign up here so we can find it easily. Otherwise, link away!
I’m a little late signing up! I already have a number of “Second in Series” books under my belt, since many of the free eBooks fall into this category. I have a bunch more in my TBR and already sitting on my Kindle. Will I get to them all before the end of the year??! Watch this space!!
If you would like to join in, click on the button on the top of this post or the button in the right side bar.
Books I’ve read and reviewed towards this challenge:
- Misfortune Cookie by Michele Gorman
- Pirates: The Orgone Chronicals, Book 2 by Hal Spacejock
- TITLE by AUTHOR